Thursday, February 26, 2015

Injured BES appeal to the President – LUSA

Injured BES appeal to the President – LUSA

The group of affected BES that invaded this morning, a delegation of the New Bank in Braga left an “appeal” to the president and criticized the banking supervisor for not giving them neither “security” or “answers”.

In a statement read off the premises of the New Bank, about 16 o’clock and after talks with the PSP and the management of the banking delegation, the representative of the injured BES Manuel Esteves, also thanked the “solidarity” shown by the officials said, they also are considered “wrong”.

The facilities of the New Bank, Souto Street, the center of Braga, were invaded by Around 11 am, about 40 injured BES demanding the return of “life savings” that had “entrusted” to the bank, then led by Ricardo Salgado, engaging posters with slogans against the Bank of Portugal and where nicknamed old BES those responsible for “liars” and “thieves”.

“We await a response from the Bank of Portugal and the New Bank in meeting its commitments. We stand by the police officers who are here and give us security, something that the supervisor has not done, “read Manuel Esteves who addressed after the national bodies.

” We appeal to the President we appeal to Parliament and the Bank of Portugal, “he said, explaining after what they want” are answers. “

During about 5 hours during which the group occupied the premises of the New Bank in Souto Street there has been no incident, except for one of the protesters who lost consciousness and was assisted on site by INEM.

Throughout the day the injured shouted slogans against the Governor of the Bank Portugal, against Ricardo Salgado and against the bankers of several old BES delegations.

“I was wrong, I am despoiled of my possessions. It’s a shame, we live in a country where the supervisory bodies are on the trowel. It’s a shame, we live in a country Anarca. We have monitoring that it is said and contradicts itself and we’re here with no one to protect us, “he told Lusa Arminda Gonçalves.

” I have not received the New Bank no indication of what happened to my money. What I do know is by the media, “even complained that he had injured money invested in so-called” secure paper “money that” disappeared “.

Another protester, Charles Foreman, pointed blame the management of the bar which was a client.

“He deceived me was the manager of my bank. But she does not have the whole responsibility was to sell me a rotten product but someone you also said it was good, “he said.

” I was here the savings of many years of work. I saved, I sacrificed myself and now I’m out of money, “he lamented.

JYCR (RCR / VP // ATR

Lusa / End

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment