Although the corporate governance report Parpública relative to 2015 noted that “no delivery was made” during the 2015 exercise “to treasury coffers,” the official company source explained today that the payment has been made.
the direct sale agreement of 61% of TAP group was signed on June 24 and was completed on November 12, 2015, two days after the adoption of the rejection of motion to the government program that led to the fall Rabbit Steps executive.
the completion of the sale led to the assignment to the Atlantic Gateway (consortium of businessmen David Neeleman and Humberto Pedrosa) of 915,000 shares, registered, representing 61% of the capital of TAP for 10 million euros, remaining the remaining 39% in the portfolio, explains Parpública.
ad When the sale of TAP in June, then the Treasury secretary, Isabel Castelo Branco, and Secretary of State for Transport, Sergio Monteiro explained the terms of the deal: the consortium capitalized the company with 338 million euros and paid 10 million euros to the state, of which two million would be paid on signing of the purchase agreement, still it happened that month, and the rest at the close of the sale.
However, the new government, led by António Costa, renegotiated the conditions with private and last 06 of February, signed a memorandum of understanding which provides that the State increase its share – over the previous contract -. 50% of the capital